Kuwaiti Transsexuals

Monday, December 25, 2006

I am back

Hello everyone

I am back to the blogosphere. I have deleted my previous blog, i regret doing that, but i will start posting again.

I will start posting starting tomorrow, or sometime in the near future.

I decided to start reposting in response to a new law that was passed in Kuwait by members of the parliament that is:

قد تصاعد الاهتمام بهذه المسألة بعد اقرار لجنة الشؤون التشريعية في مجلس الأمة اقتراحا بتعديل المادة 198 من قانون الجزاء المتعلقة (بالاعمال الفاضحة) وتنص على معاقبة كل من جاء بفعل فاضح في مكان عام او تشبه بالجنس الآخر بالحبس مدة لا تزيد على سنة او بالغرامة على ألا تزيد عن ألف دينار.

So this will be my new beginning as a political blog to argue and explain lots of factors that will eventually lead our government to political chaos,both locally and globally, if the law actually takes effect.


I would like to make it clear, that i am not against the law. I support the law for cases that are a disgust not only for the kuwaiti society, but for us as the transsexual community too. There are cases out there that are a product of ill nurturing, mothers wanting their sons to be daughters and just plain "mootha" or " mako sheghel" guys that think its a way to change their lifestyle whenever they want.

The issue has been grossly reported on al rai alaam newspaper and al watan with an exclusive section called malaf el esboo3. Once again, our media misrepresent the real meaning of mota7aweleen and transsexuality mixing it up with crossdressers, and simply gay men.

My purpose is to educate those ignorant people that there is a difference between what they are reporting, and the real meaning of being a transsexual. Eventually leading to a much needed political movement to stop discrimination, prejudice, and hatred towards transsexuals. We are judged in a very wrong way, simply because we are lumped into one label which is Jnoos and gays. We are not like them, we are different. I will, once again, try hard to bring out the real and true image of people like myself.

Since I am doing my Masters in International Relations, this topic really means alot to me. If I go back to kuwait when I am done studying, and I get arrested or denied employment simply because of who I am, then there is something wrong going on here.

This is going to be a very sensitive and intense topic.
For now, I leave it at that, and I am totally excited to come back and read all your lovely comments.

Regards and merry christmas, happy new year, happy eid to all.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home